There are great timeless principles out there that have changed the lives of many people. Usually a timeless principle is something that someone discovers in their own life and realizes it can be true for others.
Often times, in the home health care industry, we are called to live up to a higher moral code. We are required to serve when we don’t feel like serving. We are required to comfort others when we ourselves are hurting. We are required to mend a broken spirit when our own personal lives may be in shambles. This the call of the caregiver: to love and take care of others even when we don’t know how or have the energy to do so.
Let this page be a source of encouragement whenever life has you down. Timeless principles cut through the challenges of daily life and give us truth that can withstand any difficult situation.
1. Sing Even When You Don’t Feel Like Singing
Some days there won’t be a song in your heart. Sing anyway.
— Emory Austin
2. Take Up Another’s Burdens As Your Own
God gave burdens, he also gave shoulders.
— Yiddish Proverbs
3. Gain More Than Just Physical Strength
Physical strength is measured by what we can carry; spiritual by what we can bear.
4. Forgive Frequently
Forgiveness is not an occasional act: it is an attitude.
— Martin Luther King Jr.
5. Adjust Your Attitude Frequently
If you can’t change your fate, change your attitude.
— Amy Tan
6. See Inconveniences As Adventures
An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered.
— G. K. Chesterton
7. Don’t Let The External Interfere With Your Internal
What happens to a person is less significant than what happens within him.
— Louis L. Mann
8. Choose Happiness. Yes, It Is A Choice
Happiness is an attitude. We either make ourselves miserable, or happy and strong. The amount of work is the same.
— Francesca Reigler
9. Make Every Day An Adventure
You don’t get to choose how you’re going to die, or when. You can only decide how you’re going to live.
— Joan Baez
10. Realize That Your Ability To Care For Someone Is One Of Your Greatest Assets
One person caring about another represents life’s greatest value.
— Jim Rohn
11. Remember That You Are Greater Than Your Problems
Never underestimate your problem or your ability to deal with it.
— Robert H. Schuller
12. Be Willing To Follow Your Path Even Through Life’s Curves
Mountains cannot be surmounted except by winding paths.
— Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
13. Use Your Problems To Your Advantage
Life’s challenges are not supposed to paralyze you; they’re supposed to help you discover who you are.
— Bernice Johnson Reagon
14. Believe In Miracles… They Happen Every Day
Impossible situations can become possible miracles.
— Robert H. Schuller
15. Be Focused On Personal Growth
Be determined to handle any challenge in a way that will make you grow.
— Les Brown
16. Give Your Best Effort To Everything You Do
About the only thing that comes without effort is old age.
— Source Unknown
17. Don’t Fight Fire With Fire, You’ll Only Get Burned
People who fight fire with fire usually end up with ashes.
— Abigail Van Buren
18. Overcome Anxiety With Faith
The beginning of anxiety is the end of faith, and the beginning of true faith is the end of anxiety.
— George E. Mueller
19. Use Your Struggles To Grow Stronger
We grow because we struggle, we learn and overcome.
— R. C. Allen
20. Control Your Thoughts. They Are More Valuable Than Gold
The glow of one warm thought is to me worth more than money.
21. Make A Difference To One. The Many Will Follow
We can’t help everyone, but everyone can help someone.
— Ronald Reagan
22. Let Go and Let God
God always gives His best to those who leave the choice with him.
— Jim Elliot
23. Focus More On Giving Than On Getting
Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
— Robert Louis Stevenson
24. Learn To Be Comfortable In Your Own Skin
Try to be like the turtle – at ease in your own shell.
— Bill Copeland
25. Plant Seeds Today Even If There Was No Tomorrow
Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree.
— Martin Luther
26. Know That Anything Is Possible
Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m possible’!
— Audrey Hepburn
27. Be Willing To Light Another’s Candle
Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
28. Live By Your Own Expectations
If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you never will change the outcome.
29. Remember That Clouds Color A Sunset As Much As They Bring Rain & Storm
Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.
— Rabindranath Tagore
30. Be Willing To Strike Out. Its The Only Way To Greatness
Don’t let the fear of striking out hold you back.
— Babe Ruth
31. Stay Close To Your Pencil & Dream For Life’s Greatest Accomplishments Start Off With Them
A #2 pencil and a dream can take you anywhere.
— Joyce Meyer
32. Be Disciplined. It Is Critical To Success
With self-discipline most anything is possible.
— Theodore Roosevelt
33. Make Your Choices Carefully For Each Decision Is A Part Of Your Destiny
It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped.
— Tony Robbins
34. Let Your Actions Speak Louder Than Your Words
When deeds speak, words are nothing.
— Pierre-Joseph Proudhon
35. Let Your Laughter Be Contagious… No Matter What Your Circumstances
For a gallant spirit there can never be defeat.
— Wallis Simpson
36. Do Something Daring Every Day. You Will Open Yourself To Life’s Great Adventure
Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.
— Helen Keller
37. Embrace The Creative Spirit By Seeing Things In A New Way
Creativity involves breaking out of established patterns in order to look at things in a different way.
— Edward de Bono
38. Let Your Curiosity Guide You Into Discovering New Paths
We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we’re curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.
— Walt Disney
39. See Age Not As A Number But By How You Feel Inside
I’m not interested in age. People who tell me their age are silly. You’re as old as you feel.
— Henri Frederic Amiel
40. Serve Sacrificially
Once I leave this earth, I know I’ve done something that will continue to help others.
— Jackie Joyner-Kersee
41. Take Naps
No day is so bad it can’t be fixed with a nap.
–Carrie P. Snow
42. Concentrate All Your Attention On One Task At A Time
Concentration and mental toughness are the margins of victory.
— Bill Russell
43. Recruit A Solid Team For They Will Be Needed In Times Of Trouble
Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.
44. Be Accurate In What You Do. It Makes All The Difference In The World
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
— Wyatt Earp
45. See Every Moment As A Precious Gift
“The only way to survive eternity is to be able to appreciate each moment.”
― Lauren Kate, Fallen
46. Be Willing To Ask For Help When You Need It
A healthier way of thinking and acting is to allow yourself to receive the help and love you need. You werent designed to live alone. You have limitations on your strength and abilities. — Michael Barbarulo
47. Be Grateful For What You Have For There Are Always Others With Less
Gratitude is the sign of noble souls.
48. Make Whatever You Are Doing Look Easy For That’s The Mark Of True Mastery
“May what I do flow from me like a river, no forcing and no holding back, the way it is with children.”
― Rainer Maria Rilke
49. In Times Of Struggle… Be Still
He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” –Psalm 46:10
50. Hugs Have The Power To Lift Others Up. Find Someone That Is Down And Let Them Experience This Power Today
Millions and millions of years would still not give me half enough time to describe that tiny instant of all eternity when you put your arms around me and I put my arms around you. ~Jacques Prévert
Hope you enjoyed these 50 timeless principles.
birds, burdens, bench press, martin luther king jr., sailing, mohawk, within, happiness, hiking, caring, bird, mountain, problem, miracles, redwood, rock climbing, fire, faith, sprinting, positive thoughts, help one person, let go, give, comfortable in skin, plant seeds, swimmer, candle, jordan, clouds, babe ruth, pencil, disciplined, destiny, red cross, laughter, daring, creativity, curiosity, age, serve, naps, concentration, team, accuracy, precious, ask, grateful, mastery, still, hugs